What is the cause of uncontrolled diarrhea?
Most likely infection in intestines.
Thanks for your query.
Infection in intestines is the most common cause of severe diarrhea.
This is medically termed as gastroenteritis.
Most of the times its self-limiting in nature.
However, sometimes antibiotic therapy is required.
Stool routine and microscopy test
Imodium can be taken for loose stools.
Take lots of orange juice and coconut water.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes instant diarrhea
- What causes explosive diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What are the possible causes for diarrhea
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea in children
- What are the causes of prolonged diarrhea
- What can cause diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses