What is the cause of a bright red scrotum?
Needs examination by a skin specialist and surgeon.
A bright red scrotum in the absence of testicular pain would indicate scrotal skin inflammation/infection.
It would be useful if you can upload some photographs of the scrotum and also describe the condition in more detail.
1. Do you have any pain the area?
2. Is there some kind of discharge/fluid coming out of the scrotal skin?
3. Since how many days do you have this issue?
4. Has the scrotal size increased in the recent days?
5. Do you have any pain?
6. Could you localise the pain to whether the scrotal skin or deeper inside the scrotum, that is, the testis?
7. Is this on one particular side or on both the sides?
Please do get back to me with answers and a few images so that I can help you further.
Till then I would advice you to keep the area dry.
Wear soft cotton underwear.
Do not apply any over the counter skin lotions or ointments.
You can however apply Mupirocin ointment twice a day.
Please do consider vising either a skin specialist or a surgeon to get yourself examined at the earliest to rule out serious conditions.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
Dr. Yogesh D
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bright red rash on scrotum
- What does a bright red scrotum mean
- What causes scrotum to be red and saggy
- Bright red veins on scrotum
- Bright red scrotum for months
- What causes red and inflamed scrotum
- What causes red and oozing scrotum
- What std causes a red scaly rash on scrotum
- What could cause redness on scrotum
- What causes redness of scrotum triggered by heat