What is constant urge to urinate indicative of?
Could be due Enlarged Prostate .Needs to get investigated
Thanks for query .
Increased frequency for urination at the age of 78 years is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate and needs to get investigated .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefotaxime and NItrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily.
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant urge to urinate tingling clitoris
- Constant urge to urinate with constant sweating
- Constant urge to urinate
- What is constant urination with blood
- Constant urge to urinate and blood in urine but also menstruating
- What causes urge to urinate
- Constant urge to pass urine
- What indicates a continuous urine
- Constant urge to urinate and blood in urine
- Urge to urinate but no urine
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?