What drugs can cause pedal edema?

Question
I believe that I appear to currently have peripheral pedal edema from swelling in my legs. I am currently prescribed and taking atorvastatin. losartan/hctz, hydrochlorothiaz, amlodipine. potassium, Lipitor and ezetimibe.
Any thoughts on my edema?
YYYY@YYYY
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medications' side effects

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this could be most probably a side effect of your medications.. Pedal edema is most frequently reported as a side effect of Amlodipine but on the other hand atorvastatin , Lipitor and hydrochlorothiazide also are reported to cause the side effects of peripheral edema..
However, I would recommend that you check on your liver function tests including AST and ALT as the use of ezetimibe together with atorvastatin can increase the risk of liver damage which can be the cause of your edema..
Other causes of your edema include kidney insufficiency and venous insufficiency.. kidney insufficiency can be either excluded or confirmed by a blood test of kidney functions including urea and creatinine while venous insufficiency can be tested for by a Doppler study and can be improved by compression stockings and leg elevation while sitting and sleeping.. I hope you find this helpful..