question-icon

What does severe abdominal pain indicate after undergoing treatment for E.coli?

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018
Question: I was treated for E.coli about month ago. the pain has gotten much worse and feels like my bladder is always full and try in to fall out. I have not XXXXXXX able to find a doctor that can help me. any ideas
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. There are a number of reasons that could give rise to such a presentation. It calls for a clinical evaluation. Urinary tract infection is a likely cause that is often encountered at this age-group of women.

Such an infection can be confirmed by getting urine routine microscopy with culture sensitivity analysis done. In case of such an infection, you need to drink plenty of water. Depending on the urine reports you might need to take appropriate antibiotics.

If you let me know your location, I could find some doctors for you.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (8 hours later)
doctor ruled out uti after E.coli treatment was complete that is reason I feel so frustrated by local doctors
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It would still be a good idea to get the urine tested

Detailed Answer:
Recurrent infections are a possibility and the fact that you got full course of treatment a month back does not make you immune. Anyway, an explanation needs to be found. It is no use getting frustrated. Doctors need not have explanation for everything. That is the way medical science works.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (3 days later)
thank you for your answers. I have gone to my Doctor. Treatment has not helped yet but I am more hopeful for relief soon.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
A recent urine microscopy and culture report is needed

Detailed Answer:
I would hope for a quick recovery. Could you please upload the urine report?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha