What does red,blotchy,raised and itchy patches on palms of a child idnciate?
Red, blotchy and slightly raised/thickened patches Only on palms of 3 yr old child. Sometimes itchy. Lasts a couple of days and goes away.. but reoccurs randomly. No other obvious symptoms. Possible allergic reaction?
It may be a allergic reaction
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
The history of Red, blotchy, raised and itchy patches on palms of 3 yr old child suggest me that, your child may be having some allergic reaction to daily using items, it may be a plastic toys, other playing articles, cream, and soaps that comes in contact with your child palm.
If your child is allergic to dust, pollen, food and mite can also produce these symptoms but it can be diagnosed only by the physical examination by your dermatologist.
If the symptoms are persisting for longer period of time, I would suggest your child to undergo skin prick test to identify the allergen causing all these symptoms.
For the present symptoms I would start the child on antihistamines and ice packs. Your local doctor will know about it.
Hope you are satisfied with the answer, if you have any further query feel free to post them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bruise like pain in the bottom of foot?
- What does positive result for fecal lactoferrin indicate?
- Does marijuana cause numbness in face,cheekbones and sensitivity to light?
- Suggest treatment for allergic dermatitis
- Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
- Does THC get excreted in breast milk?
- Which antidepressant does not affect ejaculation and erection?
- Is dark discoloration of lips with tingling sensation indication of an STD?
- What causes dizziness and chest cold with a history of high BP?
- What causes headache while taking Losartin?