What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: hi,
thanks for asking about me. I had appt with dr. Maselli at UCDavis for (another ) EMG. This one was much more thorough, then the next day met with Neuromuscular disease specialist. The answer is there is no answer. Neither one had ever seen anything like I have. No treatment was suggested. Then on Monday Dr. Masselli called and wants a muscle biopsy done so I have to make another trip there but if it gets some kind of answer that is okay.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscles biopsy is an important diagnostic test.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again and thanks for asking me directly.

A muscle biopsy could evaluate conditions such myopathies, or conditions that may affect muscles ( inflammatory, metabolic, distrophy ) and neuromuscular conditions.

So, I agree with this examination as an aid to achieve a correct diagnosis, but still think that a brain MRI is still necessary.

Hope you will find a favorable answer soon.

Feel free to discuss with us about your health issues.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 46 hours later
I mentioned brain MRI but got a negative response. I'll bring it up again. thanks.
XXXXXXX

jaip soing XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think brain MRI is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Since yours is not an easy case, examinations take a considerable place in achieving a correct diagnosis.

I think brain MRI is necessary in your case, even to exclude any brain condition that may cause your symptoms.

Hope I helped you so far.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee