What does detection of perineal flora in urine culture signify?
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Detection of perineal flora in urine culture signifies that the urine sample was contaminated. Contamination means that while you were collecting the urine, it got contaminated by the bacteria's naturally present in the perineal area.
The final culture report that comes after 3 days will tell you which actual pathogenic organism has grown in the urine culture. As far as this perineal flora is concerned, this is insignificant.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can urine culture detect cancer
- Would urine culture detect sti
- What does a urine culture test for
- What is urine culture test for baby
- What is the media for urine culture
- What causes klebsiella pneumonia detected in urine culture
- What is klebsiella pneumoniae in urine culture
- What is rip urine culture in a child
- What is a urine culture
- What is urine culture for afb