question-icon

What does detection of perineal flora in urine culture signify?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: what is Perineal flora at 1 day ? - urine culture report

YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Contaminated sample.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Detection of perineal flora in urine culture signifies that the urine sample was contaminated. Contamination means that while you were collecting the urine, it got contaminated by the bacteria's naturally present in the perineal area.
The final culture report that comes after 3 days will tell you which actual pathogenic organism has grown in the urine culture. As far as this perineal flora is concerned, this is insignificant.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Dr. Anshul Varshney