What does blood in the stool mean?

Question
My son is 22, he ate something that really upset his tummy and had to really strain while going number 2 many times. he started to bleed red blood. I have had this problem before and it was caused by a hemoroid. I changed diet for a few days and it stopped bleeding and only comes back when i really upset my tummy. I gave him the same advice but he has not stopped bleeding and its been a while. I am thinking he might have a little tear that is not healing. Ideas???? What type of doctor does he need to see about this?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
General surgeon

Detailed Answer:

What you did was right. however few require medications like lactulose, topical nifedipine anal gel to stop bleeding.

you need to visit general surgeon for this examination and prescription.