What does a hard mole-like growth on the side of my neck indicate?
You need consultation and investigations -earlier the better.
Thank you for the query. I understand your concern.
Moles are clusters of melanocytes (cells having black pigment) growing together. They can appear at any stage of life or maybe there since birth. They are regular in shape- round or oval-shaped, could be flat or raised. Most of the times they are benign (not malignant), not harmful in nature.
But in case they show sudden changes in shape (getting irregular)/changes in color/starts getting crusted out or it gets more than 6 mm in size. It needs to be examined by a doctor for excluding melanoma.
* In your case, though nothing else but only the hard and rough feeling and probably color (looking at the photo you had sent) concerns me a bit. I would suggest for consultation of your family doctor for detailed physical examination and referral to expert skin specialist/oncologist as per need. As exclusion (the best-desired outcome) or an early diagnosis counts much in the management of the condition.
Please get examined and investigated earliest for prevention and best treatment results.
I hope that helps you.
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a mucoid lump in neck side
- Tiny mole like bumps on neck
- Pimple like growth on neck
- Hard painful lump on the neck what is it
- Hard bump on both sides of neck
- Hard lump in left side of neck
- What could a lump in the neck indicate
- What does lump on neck indicate
- Side of neck like a vein hurts
- Hard pimple like bump on neck