What do warts on the legs indicate as per the attached photos?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor my mom has these things on her leg and feet. One doctor said it’s warts another said it’s tissue. The doctor that said it’s warts gave a cream and the skin started peeling. Another doc said that she needs to do operation under general anesthesia and cut it. Please see the attached photo and advice.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Plantar warts

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

These are plantar warts. The liquid that you are applying is a keratolytic and is recommended treatment modality for plantar warts. I suggest you to continue with this liquid. Apply it once daily, at night. The wart bearing skin would gradually peel off. Just apply the liquid on to the wart. First, cover the surrounding skin with Vaseline so as to prevent it from peeling.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D