Ask a Urologist   »  

What do urine leakage and bleeding indicate while on antibiotics for UTI?

Question
Hey I’m 19 I️ recently had an UTI in July and I️ took antibiotics onece a day for ten days straight then after like two days I️ noticed that I️ was suppose to take them twice a day so I️ finished the rest of the bottle However , I️ have notice that I️ sometimes have leakage and today I️ notice there was blood . I️ have no pain or anything just those two symptoms
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Question so that I can answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Was your UTI diagnosed by a culture or just based on symptoms?

Is the leakage problem new? When did it start?

How long ago did you finish the antibiotic and what was the name of the antibiotic?

Is the blood definitely in the urine or could it be from the vagina?

I'll write my thoughts on this after I hear back with more information - thanks.