Owl Image

What do these lab reports indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015
Excellent

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
My wife delivered our daughter 1.8 year back through C-Section. Baby was on complete breastfeeding for 6 months and it is continued till date. The plan is to wean her only after she turns 2 years.

My wife was 56 kg when she became pregnant and 68 kg during delivery. Now she is around 50 kgs. Since I was concerned about her weight, her annual health checkup is done recently and the reports are attached(She had given the blood/urine sample in both hospital and home sample collection on the same day as this is done through corporate. Please note that some tests are repeated in both the reports).

We consulted the gynaecologist with report and following medicines are advised.
1. Depura liquid 60k(Vitamin D) - one a week for 3 months and then once in a month of 3 months.
2. Calcimax till she is continues to breastfeed the baby.
3. Absolut Woman tablet for 3 months.

Questions:
1. Is the above tablets/liquids safe to take while breast feeding? I read that the breast feeding women should not take Absolut Woman tablet. Please provide your inputs on this.
2. Your overall opinion on the health checkup reports.

Forgot to mention that the Calcimax is 500mg
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Absolut woman not recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the reports.
1. Calcimax and vitamin D is safe while breastfeeding, and are given to her due to decreased vitamin D levels.
Absolut woman is not recommended in breastfeeding due to its contents which can cause side effects like redness, vomiting and skin allergy in the baby. It's better to switch to some safer alternative like becasoule capsule, which are safe in breastfeeding.
2. The reports are normal except low vitamin D levels, which can be corrected by vitamin D and calcium levels.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist