• question-icon

What do these lab reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Cancer
Question: Please suggest me what is the best option for my mother now. Reports says Ductal Carcinoma done by FNAC. I enclosed the reports.
Thank You.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oncosurgeon is next step for surgery

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry that you mother had a confirmed diagnosis of breast cancer.
The variant is ductal carcinoma. I find that it is still contained to the breast though the lesion is less than 20mm (<2 cm) it is staged as T1 staging of breast cancer.
The cancer has not spread to axilla according to the scan.

You have no time to waste, please go see an Oncosurgeon for surgery (removal of tumor in the breast) and post surgery therapy. They would do more tests as well to check for lesions in other parts of the body, it is crucial as well.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 41 minutes later
Thank you mam, One more thing in this situation can you tell me about the chances of it's cure and also about saving the breast. My mom removed her uterus 10yrs ago.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Highly curable

Detailed Answer:

We need to stage the disease now what size of tumor, nodes and if there is spread. A PET scan, hormonal receptors etc would be done.
It looks to be highly curable as the size is small and nodes not involved now.
Whether it is small lumpectomy or full breast removal would be decided after investigations.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam