What do the unusual spots under the eyelashes as per the attached image indicate?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,

Please see the attached pic of my daughter.

We spotted few dots under her eye lashes.

Is there any concern.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eyelid Dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

Those dark dots are excoriations due to scratching. I can see that she has a dry, ill-defined, faintly red patch/ area of skin of lower eyelid which is perhaps itching and she must have scratched it vigorously.
I suggest you to use a moisturizer on her face, twice daily e.g Cetaphil moisturizing cream. Avoid soap on her face. You may use Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice daily for face wash.. In addition I suggest you to apply a mild topical steroid cream e.g Desowen cream (desonide 0.05%cream), twice daily over that dry patch/ area of skin of lower eyelid, twice daily, for a week.