What do soreness and swelling at the back of the head indicate?
Unstable blood pressure to consider at first.
An episode of suddenly increased blood pressure (a hypertensive crisis) may cause such symptoms. So, unstable high blood pressure should be considered and evaluated further.
Since the suspected increase in blood pressure happened during sleep, 24 to 48 hours monitoring of heart rhythm and blood pressure (Holter monitoring ) is necessary.
If the blood pressure values are found abnormal after such evaluation, it means that current blood pressure meds aren't working and further treatment adjustment should be considered.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?