What do persistent dizziness and lightheadedness indicate?
Need to get bp, pulse rate checked
There are a few possibilities here, like low pulse rate, low bp and postural hypotension. Are you on any medicines for bp? Are you diabetic?
You need to get your bp, pulse rate checked. It's better to get ECG done to rule out conduction blocks.
Also, if above is not informative then need to check for postural hypotension, that is noting bp in laying down and sitting positions.
If there is fall then it consistent with postural hypotension likely due to autonomic neuropathy.
At present, you should have plenty of water and oral fluids like juices and prevent dehydration.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizziness and lightheadedness while standing what could it be
- Dizziness lightheadedness skipping meals what to do
- Persistent dizziness 17 weeks pregnant
- What could be the reason for dizziness lightheadedness heart racing
- Treatment and cure for Persistent dizziness
- Diagnosis of Persistent dizziness
- Abdominal pain dizzy nausea lightheadedness what is going on
- Symptoms of Persistent dizziness
- Persistent dizziness causes
- Drugs/medication for Persistent dizziness