What do persistent dizziness and lightheadedness indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I feel lite headed, dizzy when I am lying down and get up. Almost like blacking out
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Need to get bp, pulse rate checked

Detailed Answer:

There are a few possibilities here, like low pulse rate, low bp and postural hypotension. Are you on any medicines for bp? Are you diabetic?

You need to get your bp, pulse rate checked. It's better to get ECG done to rule out conduction blocks.

Also, if above is not informative then need to check for postural hypotension, that is noting bp in laying down and sitting positions.

If there is fall then it consistent with postural hypotension likely due to autonomic neuropathy.

At present, you should have plenty of water and oral fluids like juices and prevent dehydration.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D