Ask a Urologist   »  

What do flu-like symptoms with foul smelling urine indicate?

Question
i have had the "flu" for 4 days now. headache, diareah, coughing, vomiting, chills, fever
My urine smells bad, it burns somewhat when I go. my penis is shinking up so when i go i'm peeing all over
myself
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
An urinary tract infection needs to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from a viral infection. Such infections usually resolve spontaneously in 5-7 days. However, since you have issues with your urine alongisde, it would be a good idea to get your urine microscopy checked. Please upload the report thereafter and I would guide you accordingly. You need to drink plenty of water and fluids in the meantime.

Let me know if I could help further.