What could cause recurrent left-sided chest pain every morning along with intermittent muscle spasms in the arm?
I had left chest pain along with upper left back on XXXXXXX 9th on morning wake up, more or like a muscle pain due to wrong posture but pain is still there even after 3 weeks, though it has reduced after prescribed muscle relaxants by physician. Chest pain accumulates specially on morning or being in wrong/straight posture for continues minutes. I got my ECG done as well & it came normal, attaching it. Since 3 days, I have developed mild sensations, tindering in left upper arm which goes off once I rest my arm but develops again as soon as I move & remain there for a few mins. and then comes & goes.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have gone through your question and report and understand your concern.
The symptoms are suggestive of muscle spasm associated with cervical radiculopathy.
The ecg is showing poor R wave progression and needs an evaluation by a cardiologist.
Pain killer with muscle relaxant can be taken at present.
Pregabalin, Gabapentin or amitriptyline can also be used.
Local pain reliever ointment helps too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- No xplode left side chest pain
- Child with left sided chest pain
- What does a left sided chest pain indicate
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- Left sided chest pain ecstasy
- Left side chest pain prolactinoma
- Upper left side chest pain
- Intermittent right side chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache