What could cause deterioration of vision while reading without magnifying glasses?
This might be caused by age related macular degeneration!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I have reviewed this information fully. Age related macular degeneration seems to fit your symptoms well.
I will recommend that you bring this to the attention of your doctor for testing and management.
The symptoms and your age really make this the number one cause that must be evaluated properly.
Requiring magnifying glasses wouldn’t fit well with the brain being unable to process images well. The brain interprets only and capturing the images is done at the level of the eye and not the brain.
Let me know what comes out of this evaluation when you next meet with your ophthalmologist.
Hope I have answered your query.
I wish you well. Keep me updated.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes skull deterioration
- What could cause shaky vision
- Magnifying glasses surgery
- What could be the cause for warm body without fever
- Wigina under magnifying glass
- What could be the cause of blurred vision
- What causes disruptive vision and tiny pupils while reading
- Magnifying glasses for dentists
- Vagina under magnifying glass
- Dentists using magnifying glass