What could be the cause of painless swelling in the left side of the face?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Fri, 2 Nov 2018 in General Health
Question: Two weeks ago during my 10 minute drive home the left side of my face swelled up really large. It was very hard but didn Hurt. Within 24 hours the swelling from my ear down to the bottom of my jaw went away. Today another hard swelling appeared at the bottom of my neck on the opposite side of my face. Like before it does not hurt. What could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Likely to be angioneurotic edema.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.

You are likely to be having an attack of angioneurotic edema. If you can upload a picture, I may be able to confirm it.

It sometimes is related to exposure to a substance you are allergic to, but often no such agent is discovered.

It can be dangerous if it occurs in the mouth or throat and produce obstruction to the air passage.

It would be good to see a doctor and have yourself investigated.

Hope I have answered your question.

Dr. Noble Zachariah