What could be the cause of low blood pressure?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What can be the reason for her low bloodpressure ? Is it ignorable? Whom should i show her?Today also BP measured 90/60.These figures are always the same with a minor difference. Plz suggest me the treatment for her.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be normal / get her checked Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Blood Pressure has a range The range for the upper figure (Systolic) is 90 to 140. For the lower figure (Diastolic), the range is 60 to 90. Her pressure is in lower range / could well be normal, for many persons- especially, if there are no symptoms and if basic investigations are normal. Probably by birth, she is blessed with this pressure, as some people are! Rarely, it is due to low thyroid or adrenals… A Nephrologist (kidney specialist) or a Cardiologist (heart specialist) is the internist of choice – to evaluate blood pressure Discuss with your doctor.../ get her examined / at times, basic investigation may be necessary... Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless