What could be the cause of lack of appetite, anal itching, sleep deprivation and mood swings with a past clinical history of GERD, acid reflux and worm infection?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Wed, 29 Aug 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: HI I had a history of GERD,acdi relfux , Hpylori infetcion and possible worms4 years back All of this were resolved . Now for the past one weeks I feel the following symptoms
1) lack of apetite
2) sometimes itching in the anus area
3) lack of sleep
4) irritability and moodswings
I am suspecting that this is because i have worms in my stomach . Can you please suggest me some medicine which i can take as a precaution which can rule out worms in the stomach ?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Albendazole helps deworming

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question.

Worm infection could be a reasonable cause. Since you had it in the past it makes sense to deworm. I generally prescribe a single dose of 400mg Albendazole at night for deworming to my patients. You can possibly take that with the help of prescription from a local doctor.

You can repeat this after 15 days with one more dose.
Take Care
Dr. Suma Parinam