What causes yellow discharge from penis?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a yellowish discharge comin from penis small amounts painless an no problems going to bath room, what could be happing?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out STDs first sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Based on the presentation you are having the possibilities are:

+Gonorrhea
+Chlamydia
and possibly a simple infection as well.

But to confirm the diagnosis and direct accurate treatment we need to go about a few laboratory investigations sir. If at all you have had unprotected sexual contact with an individual whose sexual status is unknown, this increases the likelihood of this being related to an STD. Please do try your best to schedule an appointment with your doctor to get tested and also in the meantime avoid all forms of sexual contact.

Please also do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.