What causes vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach pain in a child?
Give smaller feeds. If that does not help, get an ultrasound done.
Thanks for asking on HelathcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully. Children, especially of this age, are ill known to be fussy eaters. But the issue of vomiting calls for proper evaluation. Based on your description, it could be due to overdistention of stomach during feeding. If that is the case, giving smaller but more frequent meals should solve the problem. If that does not help, you need to get a whole abdomen ultrasound done. Please share the reports and I would guide you further.
About the crying, it is likely to be due to abdominal distension which occurs due to overdistension of abdomen and I would prefer giving medicines like Colicaid or Decolic instead of gripe water.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting with stomach pain what is causing it
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes vomiting and stomach pain after eating
- What causes persistent stomach pain
- What could cause vomiting and stomach pain