What causes ulcer on tongue?
It could be ulcer or due to throat infection.
Thanks for writing in.
There can be various reasons for such symptoms:-
- it could be apthous ulcer due to some spicy food or some sharp tooth
- it could be inflammed due to some throat infection which might be releasing salty taste
- it could be due to scarlet fever
- it could be premalignant lesion also.
I would use anaesthetic gel for temporary relief. These gel are available over the counter and your local pharmacist will know about it.
I would recommend that you consult dentist for detailed examination. You may require other treatment accordingly.
Hope I answered your query
Wishing you good health
Dr. Neha Sumra
Precancerous condition need to be excluded if it doesn't heal.
The spinning sensation doesn't point towards malignant nature. However if the lesion has not healed at all after course of treatment then we need to go for biopsy to rule out premalignancy.
Biopsy will give exact diagnosis.
Do not touch it again & again.
Visit your dentist to show reports.
Don't be worried. Abrupt appearance of the lesions makes me feel it will respond to topical treatment. All will be fine.
Dr. Neha Sumra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes throat ulcers
- Can zicam cause a tongue ulcer
- Can solpadeine cause tongue ulcers
- Tongue ulcers caused mdma and treatment
- Paan chuna cause tongue ulcer
- What causes a stomach ulcer
- What causes aphthous ulcers
- Tongue ulcers caused by meth
- What causes genital ulcers
- What causes ulcer in colon
- Getting infection in the teeth. Taking flagyl. Is tooth abscess serious...
- Got cavity filled with silver. Noticed increase in gaps and food getting...
- Enamel wearing off teeth. Prescribed liquid paste to apply. Took...
- Teeth got stuck in throat. What should I do?
- Have bad breath problem. Is there any permanent treatment?
- Teeth turning yellowish. Could it be due to excessive consumption of...
- Felt growth between cheek and wisdom teeth. What is the reason for this?
- Teeth are damaged after an accident. Should I have root canal treatment?
- Having pain and swelling on teeth. Prescribed metrogel, zerodol-p and...
- Teeth sensitive to lemon, cold and hot meals. Using sensodyn toothpaste....