What causes thread like substances in urine?
Confirm it's urine discharge, not vaginal.
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i would advise you to have the following tets done :
1.urine- routine and culture test.
2.An ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis.
Show these reports and have a check-up done by a specialist -Urologist or gynecologist.
You may send the reports here, for an expert opinion.
It would be good to know, how long you've been seeing this discharge.
Whether you also have any burning sensation while passing urine.
If you ever noticed a discoloration to the urine.
Are you sure, the discharge is in the urine only, or could be from vaginal area.
The gynecologist will be able to confirm this, after a local examination of the vagina.
Drink 10-12 glasses fluids daily.
Maintain good genital area hygiene.
Wish you well.
Don't delay tests any more.
I think you should understand, that such discharges are not normal.
Now, don't delay your check-up with reports.
Your health is your wealth.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes urine to smell like sewage
- What causes urine to smell like rubber
- What causes urine to smell like iodine
- What causes urine to smell like tuna
- What is cause for mucus threads in urine
- What causes urine to smell like chlorine
- What causes greasy urine
- What causes oil in urine
- Cause of mucus thread in urine
- What causes urine to be slimy?