What causes swelling, itchiness and soreness of eyes
My eye has been itchy and sore for a few days, almost like something is in it. About two days ago it started swelling. It is painful when I blink and when touched. My eye itself is not pink, and I don't believe it is a sty because there isn't a head. What could it be and how can I get some relief? It is very painful.
Your description and image matches a stye ma'am
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. You should know ma'am that your description 'eye is itchy and it feels like something is in it' is exactly the description an individual affected with a stye would give. This coupled with the image attached to our discussion proves that this is a stye.
The head is not always visible ma'am, and especially in the early stages it presents without the head. At times the head is present, but is on the inner side of the eyelid away from visibility. Please continue with the warm compresses ma'am, in my opinion your diagnosis is a stye and nothing else. If at all you have the antibiotics used when you previously had an episode of stye, then you may use it. But if not, then please schedule an appointment with your doctor, as you may require antibiotic drops or an ointment as well for topical application.
I hope you find my response helpful ma'am. I wish you a speedy recovery and please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you ma'am.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in eyes and extreme swelling of lids
- What could cause headache cough and swelling of eye
- What causes sticky and sore eyes
- What causes swelling and twitching in eyes after sinusitis
- What causes one eye lid to swell
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What causes swelling between eyebrow and eye
- What causes swelling under eyes what is the treatment
- What could cause swelling pain and blood in eyes
- What causes swelling in eyes with headaches
- Taking nexium for gastritis and hiatus hernia. Feeling bloated. Looking...
- Had intercourse during menstruation. Missed next period. Is there any...
- Have itchy painful scalp with no rash. How to diagnose my symptoms?
- Taking antibiotic after knee replacement. Test showed low white blood...
- Noticed purple lump on bottom of eyelid. Hurts to touch and feeling...
- Taking medicine for sacroiliac pain. Lung stopped working after taking...
- Itchy rashes appeared on hand, feeling mild pain at the back of neck and...
- Have severe anger issues and pain in chest. How to get relief?
- Dark reddish spot appeared on back of neck. How to remove this?
- Taking medicine for BP. Noticed erectile dysfunction and small penis...