What causes swelling in the cheeks?
Looks like infection..
Thanks for the query..
It looks like infection only and seeing condition of your teeth it looks like tooth infection and as the infection must be below the root tips of the tooth that is why you can see pus and blood discharge from the gum line..
I would suggest you to get an x ray done to rule out the exact cause of the pus discharge..
For now you can consult an Emergency room and get a course of antibiotics for reducing infection and pus discharge..
Also start gargling with warm saline solution and antiseptic mouthwash solution.
Do cool compresses over the cheek..
Please let me know for more queries..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lumps in cheeks
- What causes spots on cheeks
- What causes blackheads on cheeks
- What is the cause for lump and swelling in cheek
- What can cause swelling in the cheek with fever
- What cause dark cheeks
- What causes hollow cheeks
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes scrotum to swell
- What causes pitikia on cheeks