What causes sudden and severe secondary hair loss?
I had this stuff all over my body looked like dirt and when I scrubbed it off my hair fell out
The hair on my head on the sides just came out too
I would like to see the pictures of the affected areas.
From what you describe it seems like it's localised hair loss secondary to brittle hair.
I will be able to assess the condition better if you can share the pictures of the affected area.
There is an option to upload pictures on this page. You can use it to send the pictures.
Furthermore, I wish to know since when have you noticed this problem.
Do you have any other medical symptoms/stressors associated with it? And I would also like to know if you have any known past medical illnesses / if you are on any medications?
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Prasad, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss
- What is the cause of recurrent fainting hair loss
- Sudden hair loss causes
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...