What causes stomach pain after consuming nuts?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have a stomachache ever time I eat nuts--is this an allergy and if it is how can I desensitize myself--I love nuts. Or should I leave them alone
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
In my opinion you should stop eating nuts.Be careful

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome in HCM.

I can understand your problem.
The first think to do is to diagnose if this is an alergic reaction due to nuts or not.
For this you should do some tests as follows :
Prick tests
Specific IgE
Spirometry test.
Chest X Ray

These are specific tests that are done by the specialist, alergologist.
You've to be aware that in 20 % of cases these tests results negative even in an positive clinical signs and symptoms of the patient.
So it is very important for you to consult your doctor who will further advice you to eat or not the nuts anymore.
The.alergic reactions sometimes are very serious and cause a condition called anaphylaxis.
Be careful
Wish you a good health
Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D