What causes sticky eye discharge while on Ciplox?
If discharge is sticky, continue antibiotic drops
If discharge is sticky or there are other signs of infection like redness of eyes, swelling or yellow colored discharge continue putting antibiotic drops.
Apart from putting drops you need to clean the eyes gently with help of sterile cotton soaked in distilled water at least 6-8 times a day. Start cleaning from inner side to outer side and use new cotton swab for each time.
It may take 5-6 days for complete recovery.
If the symptoms are worsening please consult your pediatrician/ophthalmologist for further evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You can put at an interval of 4 hours
You can put antibiotic drop an an interval of 4 hours or earlier also if recommended by your pediatrician.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Pradeep Kumar, Pediatrician, Cardiology
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting