What causes spotting while trying to conceive?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: hi . my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I took an ovulation test for the past week. last wednesday it was negative and we had sex.Thursday no sex also negative test. Friday however the test was positive and we had sex . The test was also positive saturday we also had sex saturday. Sunday the test was negative and the same today. We didnt have sex yesterday or today because my husband is away . So my question is because today I bleed a little bit only on toiletpaper. Is this bleeding maybe ovulation bleeding although test today negative so I dont have a chance of becoming pregnant because sex is not possible today. Or could this be early implantation bleeding?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to ovulation.

Detailed Answer:
The mild bleeding that you had today could be related to ovulation. An early implantation bleeding is not likely. Ideally you should have sex for three consecutive days after getting a positive test to maximize the chances of conception.
It is best to wait now for the bleeding to stop on its own. Do wait for your next periods and in case these are overdue then do test your urine to find out status of pregnancy.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
ok but it is still possible to get pregnant despite the fact I bleed and we only had sex friday and saturday after positive test- and not possible to have sex before tomorrow again
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of pregnancy are present.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. The chances of pregnancy are present. Having a mild bleeding does not suggest that there cannot be a conception. It rather confirms the ovulation. Be relaxed. having sex on two consecutive days also has a good chance of conception.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.