What causes sharp pricking sensation inside the upper eyelid?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi, I am suffering from a sharp pricking sensation inside my upper eyelid which is painful and my eye is watering incessantly.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lid margin infection.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This apparently is small lid margin infection,which will be controlled by hot compresses only.If the infectiin advances,pain killers and antibiotics will be required.Just watch if hot compresses relieve the situation.If antibiotics are needed, Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day is the preferred antibiotic for lid margin infection.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.