What causes severe shaking and cold sensation following an infusion of Vancomycin?
THey should slow the rate of the infusion!
This is referred to as ed man syndrome. It can be prevented by passing Vancomycin slowly. Recommend this to the nurses and all will be well. Benadryl and ranitidine can be used if symptoms set in. Ideally, the infusion should be passed at 1/2 the initial rates of the infusion that
Hope I have answered your query.
I wish your husband well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cold sores
- Severe cold causes
- What causes cold sweats
- What causes severe cold and cough every month
- What causes severe cold and asthama
- At night cold and shaking causes
- What causes the sensation of cold feet
- What causes cold sensation inside the ears
- What causes cold sensation in ears
- What is the cause of recurring cold