What causes severe pain on front teeth?

Dr. Shesh Jaiswal

Dentist, Endodontics

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: Had severe pain on the front two teet ( the bunny rabbit teeth) which was broken since last 3 years.went to a dentist and did RCT for both the teeth to drain out the pus/infection. The pain subsided,but my Face is getting swollen more,more than yesterday. I am takign Antibiotic - Novoclox,500mg.
Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
infection, adverse drug effect

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your history.

Is your RCT completed or doctor has asked you for next appointment also?
If the infection is still there then it can lead to swelling.
As you are saying that your face is getting swelled this is not common thing after RCT.

It can be due to drug reaction. Have you taken Novaclox in past?

If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you to visit your doctor and get it checked and meanwhile stop taking any medicine.

Please revert back with the details.

Dr. Shesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari