What causes severe arthritic pain after removal of titanium rods?
Can be due to many causes.
Appearance of severe constant pain in the area just above the area of fracture can be due to an infection or any abnormal growth in the area.
This can be related to bone thinning or arthritis or low levels of calcium and vitamin D3 also./ But since the pain is persistent it is best to consult a specialist and get an X-ray done to rule out any serious issues.
Till then you can start with aleve and calcium supplements and see if it helps.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Infection less likely.
Infection is less likely but an abnormal growth and position of the plate need to be evaluated. Do get an X-ray done and make sure that it is just arthritis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing severe abdomen pain after breathing
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in rectum after urination
- What causes intense pain after gallbladder removal
- What causes severe ear pain
- What causes severe chest pain after eating
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes severe rectal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain lightheadedness after stent removal