What causes salty secretion in mouth after tooth extraction?
Seems like infection causing Pus formation.
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain salty secretion after extraction of teeth in the mouth seems to be most probably be due to infection at the extraction site leading to pus formation that is a salty tasting Infectious fluid..
There is a possibility that there is any left over root piece in the extraction socket leading to infection..
You should consult with your treating dentist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and IOPAR (X-ray) can help in diagnosis..
In case of any left over root piece removal of the same followed by a course of the antibiotics and painkillers will relieve..
In case if there is only infection antibiotics , painkillers and warm saline gargles will help..
Any further questions are welcome..
Wishing you a good health..
Thanks and regards..
Dr. Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will a tooth extraction cause dizziness
- Tooth extraction cause blindness
- Tooth extraction caused abortion
- What causes salty taste in mouth
- Tooth decay causes bump in mouth
- What causes bump on the gum after tooth extraction
- Pityriasis caused by tooth extraction
- Should wisdom tooth be extracted after it causes decay ?
- What are the causes for black tooth
- What causes severe ear pain after tooth extraction
- Can chronic tooth decay and swollen TMJ cause Alopecia?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the wisdom tooth
- Suggest treatment for gingival recession
- What causes mouth ulcers post teeth denture insertion?
- What causes foul taste and smell in mouth, post-nasal drip and depression?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph node in neck while teething
- Suggest treatment for delayed eruption of milk teeth in a 10 month old
- What causes burning sensation in mouth along with rashes on arms?
- Suggest treatment for hairy tongue
- Is invisalign better than lingual braces to correct teeth alignment?