What causes redness and wrinkled skin around the penis after applying Permethrin?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Infections
Question: I was diagnised with scabies and was prescribed pemethrin, the night i put it on my penis got red and wrinkly ... the scaby bites have stopped and my penis head was all good so i masturbated today and my penis head went read and wrinkly again - i was masturbating even the day before i used the cream and this did not happen
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Would eventually heal. Hope you were not too traumatic!

Detailed Answer:

This usually happens when we do forceful and hard motions over the head of the penis. I encourage you to avoid touching, keep it clean and dry and avoid any masturbation until it is fully healed.

Hope I have answered your query. I wish you well.

Dr. Ivo Ditah