What causes purple lump on the urethral opening?
purple lump nothing but engorged vein
Welcome to HCM
Thanks for posting your query
The purple lump you are seeing over the inner aspect of the urethral opening is nothing but the engorged vein under the mucus lining.
Irritation of that region may be due to an inflammation, irritation or a tiny ulcer.
You had mentioned that you had an unprotected exposure. A careful examination of the region and urine may give a clue for the diagnosis.
Consult your physician and he will guide you for further management.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lumps on the arms
- What is the cause for purple lump in groin area
- What is the cause of lump on the clitoris
- What causes lump on thigh
- What causes lump in throat
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes lumps near the vaginal opening
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes lumps in breasts
- What causes lump next to vagina and purple in color
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...