question-icon

What causes pale yellow stool?

Posted on Tue, 10 Mar 2015
Question: pale yellow stool
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No reasons to worry right now. Monitoring is all that is needed now!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these brown stools and all the inconveniences these must have caused you. A one time observation of pale yellow stools is not too concerning. It happens at times with with pathological significance. I will advice that you monitor and only get concerned if this persists.

The polyp is not responsible for this. The fact that it was not removed means it is a benign type and has no risk of becoming a cancer. You should not get too concerned about it.

Regular exercise, healthy diet, fruits and vegetables are the best kept secrets of good health. Please, incorporate these into your daily habits.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah