What causes painful red sores on the buttocks area?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you are having these areas of swelling on your buttock area. This really sounds like you have cellulitis. This is infection of the skin with possible abscesses. This should be seen by your medical provider right away. You need to be started on antibiotics before the infection spreads any further. I recommend seeing your provider today and if not then an urgent care or ER would be a possibility. Please do nto wait as this will not get better without treatment..
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sore and painful throat
- What causes pain in buttock
- What causes soreness in the inside of my buttock
- What is the cause for hard painful buttock
- What causes rib pain and soreness
- What causes soreness and pain on the penis
- What is the cause of redness in crease of buttocks
- What causes red and sore buttock skin
- What causes redness and pain in arm
- What causes painful sore throat and coughing red phlegm