What causes painful ankle swelling while on Warfarin?
Both Warfarin and Ibuprofen, produce increased bleeding tendency. Therefore, it is likely that the ankle swelling is due to bleeding into the joint. The minor trauma produced by the driving can be a precipitating cause.
It would be good to have yourself examined by a doctor and have yourself examined. In the meanwhile, it would be good to stop the Warfarin and ibuprofen and to rest the joint.Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Noble Zachariah,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes bloody sputum while taking warfarin
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- Pain in the ankle swelling no injury cause
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes dark stool warfarin
- What causes pain in ankles
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?