What causes pain while moving the neck?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I turned my head to the right (I think I have a crook in my neck); but now I can't turn it to the left. If I do, discomfort in lower right (behind ear). There is no pain if I hold my neck up, looking straight ahead.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for a asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Inability to turn head to one side for two hours is likely a muscle spasm in neck and nothing to worry about. All you need is a good massage , few tylenols and skelaxin for muscle relaxing. Also you should talk to a physiotherapist and let them advise some exercises for prompt recovery. keep the pillow low height while sleeping and sit with a support for back and neck as well.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Regards XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng