What causes pain from ribs to hips and burning sensation on skin?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 in Child Health
Question: My 6 year old daughter is complaining of pain on both sides starting from the top of her ribs down to her hips. She says it feels like little "bombs" going off under her skin. No visible signs of anything on the skin. This has been going on for about 48 hours and now she says the sides and bottom of her feet feel the same way. She also has sever peeling of the skin on all her finger tips. We have a Dr. appt. tomorrow, but wondering if need to take her to ER.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should take her to the ER without delay.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health Care Magic.

I have gone through the description. You should rush the child to the ER without delay. It could be a serious condition like Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome.

Dr. Diptanshu Das