question-icon

What causes pain and burning sensation on the penis after applying Dettol on the sling cut wounds?

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Question: I applied dettol below my penis and on back to treat sling cuts due to running. It is burning like hell and becomes all black and painful. Not able to move, sit or wear clothes. Please suggest what to do
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Irritant dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
You seem to have developed irritant dermatitis to detail.
I suggest you to apply a topical steroid and antibiotic combination e.g Fluticasone Propionate 0.05 % and Mupirocin 2% (Flutibact Ointment),twice daily.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist