question-icon

What causes mild fever every evening?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: Dr XXXXXXX In the last 1 month or so, I have experiencing frequent fevers.I have done all regular and baseline tests, that have come normal.I am really clueless about it.I am unable to focus on my work.The fever is mild and lasts for 1-2 hours every day.I often feel very tired in the later part of the day.Please guide me appropriately.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out latent Tuberculosis?

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

I can certainly understand your concern.

I have worked through your query in detail.

Considering your evening mild elevation of body temperature, I advise you to get a Chest X ray and PPD skin testing and Sputum to rule out latent TB if any.

In case if the tests are positive, you might need to start ATT( antituberculous therapy).

This will literally make you feel better.

Post your further queries if any.

Thank you.

Dr. Suresh Heijebu