What causes intermittent swelling in the digits of the left hand and spasm despite negative RA factor?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on 4 days ago in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have been having intermittent swelling in the digits of my left hand above and below the joints usually following a period of fatigue, I am getting worried now however my pad of my left thumb has been spasming for three days . I have have had a neg RA panel, thyroid is normal, diarettics dont work, i'm feeling like my hand is on fire. any help would be great.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your query and health concern and attached report.

RA factor is positive only in 25% of cases, in rest of cases diagnose is only clinical. So you can take Eterocoxib, do hot water fomentation. You can go for TB Gold test also.

I hope this answers your query.

Dr. Praveen Tayal
Orthopaedic Surgeon