What causes frequent urination and blood in urine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm urinating a lot today, heavy feeling, now slight blood. What is happening?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely to be due to UTI (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Increased frequency of urination and passing blood in urine is mostly due to UTI (Cystitis).

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng