question-icon

What causes feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Posted on Tue, 29 Sep 2015
Question: For the past week, I feel like there is something stuck in my throat, like a stone.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
VL'Scopy.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Get a throat examination with a Videolaryngoscopy done . It will settle the diagnosis.

2. The feeling is usually due to irritation or swelling of the lymphoid tissue in the throat.

3. Do you have any other symptoms such as a change in the voice, breathlessness or difficulty in swallowing?

4. Upload the test result and images for further treatment options.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist